Are you looking for that perfect holiday cottage to explore the stunning Yorkshire Dales and Lake District?
Would you like to get away from it all, relax and recharge your batteries in one of the most beautiful and unspoiled areas of the UK?
Then Gold Award winning Swaledale House is the perfect choice!
- Enjoy peace, seclusion and tranquillity – just the gentle sounds of sheep and birdsong. Breathe in the fresh, pure air and feel yourself unwind…
- Drink in the spectacular, panoramic views – we have what many consider to be the best view in the Yorkshire Dales – as featured on ITV’s Britain’s Favourite View! The surrounding scenery features waterfalls, dry stone walls barns and wildflower meadows.
- For you outdoor enthusiasts, there’s fantastic walking and cycling for all abilities from the doorstep. The walk over Kisdon Hill to Muker and Keld is featured in the Ramblers’ Top 50 Walks in the UK.
- Or just relax – read a book, listen to music or just chill out and enjoy the views…
- Savour Amanda Owen’s delicious scones at Ravenseat Farm – only a few miles away – as featured on ITV’s The Dales Programme.
- The ideal base to explore the numerous visitor attractions of the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District.
- Choose from two comfortable and superbly equipped apartments – a real home from home. Our guests regularly say “You’ve thought of everything!”
- If you enjoy holidaying with friends or family, but like your own privacy, booking both apartments is the ideal choice…
- Your dogs are very welcome at Swaledale House – our canine visitors love our five acre field, the woodland, and the great walks and smells!
- Bring your binoculars to experience a wide variety of wildlife – you are likely to see rabbits, hares, curlews, pheasants, grouse, dippers, lapwings, grey wagtails and doves. For the past two years, we’ve had mistle thrushes nest in our garden…
- Pamper yourself in the luxury hot tub and sauna. Imagine sipping champagne in the hot tub looking down the valley at the amazing views! We offer a booking system whereby guests can reserve private use of the hot tub and sauna.
- No streetlights so the stars are really dazzling…
- Switch off from technology (and the office!) and reconnect with yourself and your loved ones. There is no mobile phone cover but we do have wifi.
- Swaledale House is ‘conveniently remote’ – it’s set in a stunning location on a hillside, yet you’re only a mile from two pubs/restaurants, two miles from a shop and six miles from the market town of Hawes.
- Enjoy fine real ale and great pub food at Yorkshire’s Favourite Pub finalist, the Farmers Arms in the picture-postcard village of Muker, only a couple of miles from Swaledale House and featured on ITV’s The Dales programme.
- Swaledale House is perfect for a romantic break, anniversary or honeymoon. Kisdon Apartment even has a gorgeous Jacobean four-poster bed!